Loose stool. Vomiting. Excessive flatulence. All of these are signs that your dog may be sensitive to the food he is eating. Just as some people have sensitive stomachs, so do some of man’s best friends. If you think your dog has a sensitive stomach, you should check out Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions® — a dog food specially developed for sensitive adult dogs.
So what can you do for a dog with sensitive digestive issues? According to the experts at PetMD, getting your dog’s digestion back on track takes a multi-step approach.
First, they suggest simplifying your dog’s diet by sticking to a single, high-quality treat. Bil-Jac offers a variety of delicious, easy-to-digest treats like our Original Recipe liver treats.
Second, review your dog's dog food. Here are some suggestions:
- Try a dog food made from high-quality ingredients. Not only are they better for your dog all around, but “foods made from high-quality ingredients tend to be much more digestible.”
- Look for foods that use “both soluble and insoluble fiber, like beet pulp” — other types of fiber can cause digestion issues.
- Read the label to see if your dog’s food contains vitamins A, C and E to support his immune system.
Add up the recommendations and … you get Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions.
When you add up the recommendations above and look for a formula that fills the bill, it just so happens that Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions does. Developed specifically for dogs with sensitive stomachs, Sensitive Solutions is made with high-quality chicken and whitefish, as well as a gentle fiber blend made from beet pulp to help support healthy digestion. The whitefish is also used because it is a good, natural source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
A healthy immune system is vital for sensitive dogs. Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions features our unique SmartDefense™ System containing vitamins C & E—antioxidant nutrients that help support a healthy immune system. Sensitive Solutions also provides guaranteed amounts of vitamin A and linoleic acid to help nourish and replenish the skin and coat.
Think your dog may have food allergies?
Please consider food allergies in dogs are extremely rare. Rather than the ingredients, your dog maybe reacting to how those ingredients are processed. All Bil-Jac dog foods are made using our proprietary process of slow cooking in small batches that help protect key nutrients and flavor.
What’s more, we never add gluten meal to our dog foods. Other manufacturers sometimes add large amounts of gluten meal to boost protein levels cheaply. We believe there is a better way. We use real, fresh chicken and chicken organs as our main source of protein.
Summing it up.
So let’s review. Here are the key reasons to give your sensitive dog Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions:
- Made with high quality chicken and whitefish.
- Nutri-Lock™ slow-cook process helps preserve flavor and key nutrients.
- Naturally sourced Omega fatty acids to nourish skin and coat.
- Gentle fiber blend containing beet pulp helps support healthy digestion.
If you’ve got a dog with a delicate digestive tract, please consider trying Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions today. Learn more here.
Do you have a dog with a sensitive stomach? Share your experience with us in the comments below!