Tasty right from the bag or use Dessert Jacs to make these yummy cookies for your pooch this Halloween.
With fall and Halloween right around the corner, it must be time for our Pumpkin Flavored Dessert Jacs!
Looking for a special way to celebrate the change of seasons at your house? Consider this easy and delicious way to share great fall flavors with your best friend! Using Bil-Jac Pumpkin Flavor Dessert Jacs, you can make cookie treats that are so scarily good we call them… Bil-Jac Howlin’ Good Pumpkin Dessert Jacs Cookies. Now is the time to start cooking up what just may become your dog’s favorite treat ever!
Be sure you don’t miss out! Bil-Jac Dessert Jacs are available here. So go get yours today and share the pumpkin flavored goodness with your pup.
Recipe yields about 10-15 Bil-Jac Howlin’ Good Pumpkin Dessert Jacs Cookies.
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes to prepare, 1 hour or up to overnight in refrigerator (to cool mixture prior to baking), 20 minutes to bake.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (plain)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Bil-Jac Dessert Jacs Dog Treats for decorating after baking.
Mix together all wet ingredients (pumpkin, honey, egg, applesauce) and mix well using a mixer.
Add flour and stir until all ingredients are fully combined. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour before making. Dough can be refrigerated overnight if you plan to make the cookies the next day.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cover a cookie tray with parchment paper for the best results. Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto the cookie tray. Smooth out cookies to the desired shape with a butter knife or back of the spoon (cookies will not “spread” when baking). Feel free to be creative!
Customize Your Treats:
- Make a Pumpkin or Jac-O-Lantern: Before baking, use a small butter knife to make lines in a pumpkin shaped cookie.
- Make a Cat: Before baking, use a small butter knife to shape your cookies and make the whiskers and lips.
- Make a Bat: Before baking, use a small butter knife to shape the dough.
Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cookies will still be soft when removed from the oven.
Immediately after baking, use a few Dessert Jacs to decorate your cookies.
- To make pumpkin or jack-o-lanterns, create faces on the cookie using Dessert Jacs. Add another Dessert Jac on top for a stem. Add more treats to make a face.
- For a cat, use Dessert Jacs for the eyes and nose.
- To finish a bat, use Dessert Jacs for eyes and ears.
Move cookies to rack and let cool. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Can be frozen for up to three months – just thaw and serve anytime!
Feed one cookie a day. Since the cookie has a chewy texture, break it up and feed it to your dog in smaller pieces, which can also allow for more treats per day.
Estimated 50-70 calories per cookie, depending on size and the number of Dessert Jac treats used per cookie.
Adapted from Honey’s Soft Pumpkin Dog Treats